Over the course of 6 months, we asked people from all over the world to film themselves feeling their heartbeat and thinking about what it means. This is the film that unfolded…
(Best if you put it on full screen and turn up the volume)
“The difference between what we are doing and what we are capable of doing
would solve most of the world’s problems.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- Please post, share, tweet, and forward this film to your networks, and see the ripple effects!
- Sample tweet: Watch new 2 min film ENGAGE by @tiffanyshlain #LetitRipple http://bit.ly/QsSfuu
- For Facebook or Google+: click on word “share” at the top right of the video above and share to your networks.
Spread your message.
- Are you part of an organization working to inspire your community to action and make the world a better place?
- We will make a free film to help you. Find out how.
- Part of the Let it Ripple project is not only to provide free media for organizations around the world, but also to show how their work is interdependent. See the growing list of 100+ organizations that are already part of the Let it Ripple project, and how they’re connected, here.
Share your ideas.
- Not involved with an organization? We still want to hear your ideas.
- After watching Engage, share with us the new ways you plan to engage in the world around you.
- Engage has already been translated into Swahili, Spanish, French, Chinese, Arabic, Hindi, and Russian.
- Our last film, A Declaration of Interdependence has been translated into 65 languages.
- Help Engage spread around the world through translation.
Engage had its world premiere on Interdependence Day 2012. It screened live at Interdependence Day events in Los Angeles with Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa’s office.
See complete list of credits and participants here.
Engage is part of the Let it Ripple: Mobile Films For Global Change short film series, which launched in 2011 by our team at The Moxie Institute. The short films pick up where our feature documentary Connected leaves off, putting many of the ideas covered in Connected into action. These films are created through pushing the boundaries of emerging technologies and experimenting with global collaboration. You can read about this new style of filmmaking — that we call Cloud Filmmaking — in our Cloud Filmmaking Manifesto.
Each of the Let it Ripple films is available for free customization (we’ve made over 100 free films for organizations around the world) and has an open call for translations to try to spread the messages as far and wide as possible. We hope you’ll participate.